Dining Hall Prep Cook
Dining Hall Prep Cook
The Prep Cook will work as a team member preparing meals and desserts, stocking and preparing next shift/day menu items, helping with dining room set up, dishwashing, and end of day cleaning. The Prep Cook will report directly to the Crew Chief and the Dining Hall Manager. This is a full-time, benefits-eligible, hourly non-exempt position. Hours may include weekends and holidays.
• Complete assigned tasks in the allotted time to ensure meals are served on schedule and at correct temperatures.
• Assists in preliminary preparation of meals by successfully following direct instruction, recipes, or prep sheets.
• Possess basic knife skills and knowledge of basic health standards for food preparation.
• Assist Dining Hall Manger in ordering food and kitchen supplies by noting depleted stock.
• Responsible for stocking the deliveries of frozen foods and produce.
• Assist with dish washing and cleaning of kitchen at all times.
• Clean dining hall at the end of each meal, including sweeping and mopping dining hall at the end of the day.
• Clean pots and pans in back kitchen.
• Collect and dispose properly of all trash and recyclables at the end of each shift.
• Assists with table set-up and break-down as directed.
• Assists in other operations as needed.
• Must practice proper food handling, sanitation, safety precautions, and personal hygiene.
Education and Experience Requirements
• Minimum of high school diploma preferred, but not required.
• Two years cooking experience in a full-service or family-style restaurant required.
• Knowledge of care and proper use of standard and commercial kitchen utensils and equipment is required.
• Must have dependable transportation and a valid driver’s license.
• Must possess a friendly disposition, as cooks have direct contact with guests.
The position requires the employee to be able to walk unaided up and down hills and over uneven terrain, bend, stoop, and have use of fine and gross motor skills. The employee is frequently required to use hands to handle, or touch objects, tools, or controls and to speak clearly and effectively. Ability to work standing for at least 8 hours a day and lift up to 50 pounds. Must be able to work weekends and holidays.
Please submit the following materials by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org, or by USPS to:
Human Resources Manager
John C. Campbell Folk School
One Folk School Road
Brasstown, NC 28902
1. Interest statement that details your position relevant experience and skills.
2. Your contact information.
3. Contact information for three references.
At least one reference must be a professional reference.
Review of applicants will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.
John C. Campbell Folk School is an EEO Employer. EEO employers are committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, gender, sex, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, or veteran status, or any other status or characteristic protected by law.