Dining Hall Crew Chief
Dining Hall Crew Chief
Reports to the Chef and Dining Hall Manager
The Dining Hall Crew Chief will supervise the production of meals, lead a team of kitchen team members, maintain the appearance of the kitchen and dining hall, and alert the Chef to any equipment malfunctions. The position will report directly to the Chef and Dining Hall Manager. This is a full-time, hourly non-exempt, benefits-eligible position. Hours may include weekends.
• Plan a timeline to complete the menu in the allotted time to ensure meals are served on schedule and at correct temperatures.
• Plan window protein and vegetables, as well as a vegetarian meal with dietary restrictions in mind.
• Communicate with hosts to ensure speedy delivery of hot food.
• Verify menu for future meals and lead a team to prepare for upcoming meals using instructions and recipes.
• Verify all ingredients are available and sufficient for upcoming meals.
• Possess basic knife skills and knowledge of health standards for food preparation.
• Assist Chef/ Dining Hall Manger in ordering food and kitchen supplies by noting depleted stock.
• Ensure the team properly stocks and stores delivery orders of dry, frozen, and perishable items that come in the afternoon/evening.
• Assist with dish washing and cleaning of kitchen at all times.
• Assist in cleaning dining hall, including sweeping and mopping dining hall.
• Ensure team members are cleaning as they go and the dining hall meets the required standards of cleanliness and sanitization.
• Collect and dispose properly of all trash and recyclables on at the end of each shift.
• Assist with front of house set-up and break-down as directed.
• Assist in other operations as needed.
• Must practice proper food handling, sanitation, safety precautions, and personal hygiene.
• Possess friendly disposition, as cooks have direct contact with guests.
Education and Experience Requirements
• Minimum of high school diploma preferred, but not required.
• 3 years of cooking experience in a full-service or family-style restaurant required. Knowledge of care and proper use of standard and commercial kitchen utensils and equipment is required.
• Must have dependable transportation and a valid driver’s license.
• General knowledge of restricted/specific diets required.
The position requires that the employee be able to walk unaided up and down hills and over uneven terrain, bend, stoop, and have use of fine and gross motor skills. The employee is frequently required to use hands to handle, or touch objects, tools, or controls and to speak clearly and effectively. Ability to work standing for at least 8 hours a day and lift up to 50 pounds. Must be able to work weekends and holidays.
Please submit the following materials by e-mail at email@example.com, or by USPS to:
Human Resources Manager
John C. Campbell Folk School
One Folk School Road
Brasstown, NC 28902
1. Interest statement that details your relevant experience and knowledge/skills.
3. Contact information for three professional references.
Review of applicants will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.