Culinary Arts Instructor - Part Time - NGTC Blairsville CampusDescription - External
Description - External
Under general supervision, the instructor will be responsible for providing guidance and instruction necessary to prepare students with the technical competencies essential for entry level Culinary Arts positions. The instructor will perform all aspects of instruction for the Culinary Arts courses at North Georgia Technical College on the Blairsville campus and dual enrolled students ; effectively use oral and written communication skills; and knowledge of current in-field procedures; complete all reports, records and invoices in a timely manner and maintains accurate inventory of all assigned properties; maintain qualifications for employment as described by the Technical College System of Georgia (TCSG) Policy Manual and accreditation standards.
- Develops course outlines, goals and objectives
- Prepares lesson plans for classroom instruction for Culinary Arts Courses
- Evaluates students ' progress in attaining goals and objectives
- Requests and maintains supplies and equipment and prepares required budget requests
- Assists fulltime college faculty in maintaining program accreditation requirements, as appropriate
- Prepares and maintains all required documentation and administrative reports
- Ensures safety and security requirements are met in the training area
- Meets with students, staff members and other educators to discuss students ' instructional programs and other issues impacting the progress of the students
- Assists with recruitment, retention and job placement efforts - Other duties as assigned.
- Collaborates with area high schools with dual enrollment student instruction
Location: NGTC Blairsville Campus
Associate ' s Degree in Culinary Arts OR Completion of a Culinary Apprenticeship Program AND Industry certification OR related work experience
Preferred Qualifications: Industry experience
- The employee occasionally lifts or moves objects of a light to medium weight.
- Work is typically performed with the employee sitting at a desk in an office environment with intermittent sitting, standing, or walking in various settings.
- The employee must be able to lift up to 25 pounds.
- Full range of hand and finger motion is utilized for data entry purposes.
Salary/Benefits: LUMP SUM /No Benefits
Submit a NGTC application, resume, names and contact information of three professional references, and copies of unofficial transcripts from all colleges attended. A Criminal History Report and Motor Vehicle Report (MVR) are required for the recommended candidate.
Please Click below on “Apply Now” to submit an online application, resume, names and contact information of two (2) professional references, copies of unofficial transcripts from colleges attended, and any related training certificates. Official transcripts required upon employment. A Criminal History Report and Motor Vehicle Report (MVR) shall be required for the recommended candidate.
The Technical College System of Georgia and its constituent Technical Colleges do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, national or ethnic origin, sex, religion, disability, age, political affiliation or belief, genetic information, disabled veteran, veteran of the Vietnam Era, spouse of military member or citizenship status (except in those special circumstances permitted or mandated by law). This nondiscrimination policy encompasses the operation of all technical college-administered programs, programs financed by the federal government including any Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act (WIOA) Title I financed programs, educational programs and activities, including admissions, scholarships and loans, student life, and athletics. It also encompasses the recruitment and employment of personnel and contracting for goods and services.
The Technical College System and Technical Colleges shall promote the realization of equal opportunity through a positive continuing program of specific practices designed to ensure the full realization of equal opportunity. The following person has been designated to handle inquiries regarding the nondiscrimination policies: Dr. Michael King, VP for Student Affairs, Title IX Coordinator, P.O. Box 65, Clarkesville, GA 30523, or call 706-754-7711 or Ms. Kay Morgan, Special Populations and Retention Coordinator, ADA Section 504 Coordinator, P.O. Box 65, Clarkesville, GA 30523, or call 706-754-7828. (***PLEASE do not contact the above employees for Job Information or Human Resource questions!***)