Drug Free Workplace
7.5%* Discount on Workers' Comp Premiums
The Blairsville-Union County Chamber of Commerce provides the Drugs Don't Work program at a cost of $75 annually to provide the necessary tools to empower business owners to maintain a drug-free workplace. To obtain drug free workplace certification and qualify for the 7.5% discount on your workers' compensation premiums, you must complete the following steps:
Drugs Don't Work Simplified Check List:
- Institute a substance abuse policy. The program provides English and Spanish translations.
- Conduct (limited) drug testing. Not all employees are required to be tested, however, pre-employment, reasonable suspicion, and post-accident testing are required. While random drug testing is not required, it is suggested.
- Conduct on-going employee education. The program provides a monthly newsletter for employees to equal the required two hours of training annually.
- Oversee supervisor education. The program provides newsletters to distribute to supervisors for one hour of annual training.
- Post the provided referral list of treatment services.
- Submit your application to the State Board of Worker's Compensation annually for Certification.
For more information call 706-745-5789 to speak with one of our Certified Drug Free Workplace Coordinators. You may also visit www.ddwga.org for more details.
*7.5% Discount available on Worker's Comp Insurance Premiums to all certified Drug Free Workplaces that purchase a premium; if you are self-insured, the 7.5% is from your state assessment fee.