Buy local and save big with the Chamber's Buy Local Value Card Program!
The Chamber's mission is to positively impact our community and members by facilitating tourism, economic and cultural development in Union County. One way we do this is through our Buy Local Program. The purpose of this program is to help promote our member businesses while making it easy for those who live, work and do business in and around Union County to support our local businesses.
The Buy Local Value Card
The Buy Local Value Card is a free discount card for you to add to your keychain. Show the keycard at participating businesses for great deals. On your keyring, it will always be with you. The more you use it, the more you save! Come by the Chamber and pick up your free Value Card!
Want To Participate as a Business?
Member businesses that would like to participate in the Chamber Value Card should please read the following instructions and rules below.
We are currently capping the amount of businesses allowed at 50 for this first year of Dec 1st, 2017 till Dec 1st, 2018. Simply email firstname.lastname@example.org, and let us know you’d like to participate, your business name, and what discount or offer you’d like to do.
For example: John’s Pizza Company. – Get any pizza 20% OFF with your Buy Local Value Card.
If added to the program, your deal will go on our website, located here, where value card users will be able to view the offer! They simply show the card to receive the deal from each business.
- You must have at least one deal or offer. It cannot be an event, such as “Mother’s Day Special” or "Fifty cent hot wing nights"
- You must submit your deal for approval, then all deals must run for at least one month before changing to a different deal.
- The max time to run your deal is 3 consecutive months. After which the deal expires and must have a different deal submitted for approval. (This is to keep the program from getting stale.)
Once approved and enrolled in the program, you can pick up a window cling and key rings for FREE at the chamber!
The Buy Local program is a campaign of the Blairsville-Union County Chamber of Commerce and community partners. Our mission is to support local businesses in Blairsville-Union County, to maintain our unique community character, attract tourism, and build economic strength.
- For every $100 spent in locally-owned independent stores, $68 returns to the community through taxes, payroll and other expenditures. If you spend that in a national chain, $43 stays in the community. Spend it online and nothing comes home. (Source: Civic Economics report)
- If half the employed population spent $50 each month in locally owned independent businesses, it would generate more than $42.6 billion in revenue*. Imagine the impact if ¾ the employed population did that. (*U.S. Labor Department February 2009 report)
- Top 10 Reasons To Buy Local - Click here to download!